TANROADS (Roads Authority as stipulated in the Roads Act No. 13 of 2007) is an Executive Agency of the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication, Tanzania, established under the Executive Agencies Act, 1997, of which its mandate is to develop, maintain and manage national roads network and airports.
It operates as semi-autonomous entity implementing the day-to-day operation of Weighbridges and management of Trunk and Regional Roads Network of Tanzania Mainland.
In this regard the Regional Manager – TANROADS Shinyanga, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled Tanzanian citizens to fill the vacant posts under only one (01) year contract employment as hereunder mentioned:
Cashier (1 Post); – Only one year contract
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Records, despatches, and sends mail, cheques or parcels to required destinations;
- Operates telephone, radio, e-mail and fax facilities as the case may be;
- Maintains asset registers and other registers as instructed by superiors;
- Receives and issues, as required, stationery, store items and completes the appropriate documentations;
- Performs such other related duties assigned by Accountant/Head of Accounts and Administration from time to time, as the case may be.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education qualifications: Holder of Ordinary Sec School Certificate and or, Advanced Sec. School Certificate and ATEC, NABE INI, or equivalent. Ordinary Diploma in Accountancy and Finance – Certified by Lawyer,
- Cash Handling: Profound ability to collect payments, operate cash register and maintain cash drawer. Demonstrated ability to balance all transactions run through assigned register, including layaway payments, checks, register receipts, currency, and credit card,
- Able to maintain a clean, neat and correctly stocked check-out counter and work area,
- Bilingual: Fluent in English and Kiswahili,
- Computer: Skilled in MS Word, Excel and Outlook,
- Outstanding work ethic and integrity,
- Willing to learn new technology and software applications,
- Age Limit – must not be above 35 years and must be supported by Certified Birth Certificate (Certified by Lawyer).
- Eligible applicants are the citizens of Tanzania with the years of age as indicated on every vacant post,
- Applicants must attach updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts including postal address, mobile/phone numbers and e-mails,
- Applicants must attach certified copies of relevant certificates including birth certificate (Certified by Advocates, Magistrates or any Lawyer),
- Testimonials, partial transcripts results slips, including FORM IV, VI and DIPLOMA Results slips will not be accepted,
- Applicants who are currently employed in Permanent and Pensionable terms in Public Services should not dare to apply;
- Over qualified applicants shall not be shortlisted for interview;
- Incomplete applications (i.e. missing one or more attachments) shall not be regarded;
- Applicants must attach details of two (2) referees,
- Signed hand-written/printed application letters should be written in Swahili or English and be addressed to
THE REGIONAL MANAGER,
TANROADS – SHINYANGA, MWANZA ROAD, USHIRIKA AREA,
P.O. BOX 62,
Tel: + 255 28 2762592/2763941
Fax: +255 28 2763141/255 28 2762551,
Deadline for submission of applications is before or on Tuesday, 20th July, 2021 at 16.30 hrs,
Only successful applicants will be shortlisted and informed on the date for the interview,
Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal actions.