The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) started in 1961 as a College of the University of London. In 1963 it became a Constituent College of the University of East Africa.
It was formerly established in August 1970, as a National University, through the University of Dar es Salaam Act number 12 of 1970.
It was established with three main objectives, namely:
To transmit knowledge as a basis of action, from one generation to another;
To act as a centre for advancing frontiers of knowledge through scientific research; and
To meet the high level human resource needs of the Tanzanian society.
In 1961, the University started with the Faculty of Law. It expanded over the years with the establishment of the numerous Faculties and Institutes. It established a number of Colleges, some of which were later evolved into independent fully-fledged universities.
“To become a leading Centre of Intellectual Wealth spearheading the Quest for Sustainable and Inclusive Development”
“The University of Dar es Salaam will advance the economic, social and technological development of Tanzania and beyond through excellent teaching and learning, research and knowledge exchange”
The University of Dar es salaam (UDSM) offers various academic programmes leading to the award of certificates, diplomas, and degrees.
The University of Dar es salaam offers various postgraduate programmes leading to the award of postgraduate diploma, masters and PhD degrees.
The University of Dar es Salaam values the presence of international students and scholars and recognizes the important role they play in the life of the university.
- College of Engineering and Technology (CoET)
- College of Information and Communication Technologies (CoICT)
- College of Natural and Applied Sciences (CoNAS)
- College of Humanities (CoHU)
- College of Social Sciences (CoSS)
- College of Agricultural Sciences and Fisheries Technology (CoAF)
- University of Dar es Salaam-Mbeya College of Health and Allied Sciences (UDSM-MCHAS)
- University of Dar es Salaam Business School (UDBS)
- School of Education (SoED)
- University of Dar es Salaam School of Law (UDSoL)
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication (SJMC)
- Institute of Development Studies (IDS)
- Institute of Kiswahili Studies (IKS)
- Institute of Resource Assessment (IRA)
- Institute of Marine Sciences (IMS)
- Confucius Institute (CI)
- Institute of Gender Studies (IGS)
TO SEE THE SELECTED APPLICANTS CLICK THE LINK BELLOW